Monday, November 17, 2014

Seamanship 202: Shouldering as taught by Armada Española

Yes, I have watched it about four times - and I smile more and more.

Greenpeace - I cannot stand those publicity hound poseurs. I actually applied for a summer job with them in the mid-80s - snort. I guess they didn't like that I was in NROTC ...

Anyway, I lost all respect for them in the early 1990s when I was on the receiving end of one of their little photo-ops. Great to see the Spaniards giving them what for. Greenpeace's arrogance expecting everyone to play with their games is just pathetic ... but funny to watch.



Note to Greenpeace - a RHIB is a weapon. When you approach a ship at 20+ knots, you are armed. The Spanish showed more restraint than you deserve.

Oh, and if you are going to play varsity, you may want to get the right gear.
Although we can’t confirm this at this time, the injuries sustained by the Greenpeace activist, an Italian national, occurred after she was knocked out of the boat and was hit by a propeller.

The Spanish Navy acknowledges the incident and was quick to point out that all the propellers on their RHIBs are shrouded, while the Greenpeace activists’ boats did not have shrouds.
Hope you heal up soon and then accept responsibility for your injuries.




Hat tip gCaptain

No comments: